Exploring Altafulla, your next cycling destination
Nafent Magazine has become a more environmental-friendly magazine, by being printed on recycled paper among other improvements. So, what is better than spending two nights in the most environmentally friendly hotel of the Costa Daurada, whose owner is trusted by the organization of the Volta a Catalunya every year?
We are in Altafulla, for the weekend, to explore the region around Tarragona on two wheels. We are staying in the four-star May Altafulla Beach Boutique Hotel, which is close to the Altafulla Mar Hotel, where teams like Ineos and Jumbo-Visma stay during the Volta a Catalunya. On the first day of riding in this area, we are heading to the ‘Muntanyes de Prades’.
After nearly 130 kilometers and 2000 meters of elevation, we settle on the sunny rooftop bar with a non-alcoholic beverage. This is exactly the comfort we need after an exhausting but beautiful day out. Route options are endless in this region, we conclude, as we already start planning our next ride for tomorrow.
May Altafulla Beach Boutique Hotel’s technical features and sustainability values:
- Rainwater collection for irrigation and WC drainage
- Photovoltaic panels to save electricity
- Solar panels for warming the water
- High-efficiency aerothermal energy for central heating
- Indoor air purification using carbon filters
- 100% LED lighting
- The use of detergents
- Use of biodegradable detergents for the laundry
- Chargers for electric vehicles
- We encourage recycling pool and bath towels
- Plastic recycling in the rooms
- Local, seasonal products
- We encourage the development of healthy habits and practising sport
This story is part of Nafent Magazine volume 5. Read the full story in our digital or paper magazine. Go to our webshop, or buy yours at one of our 120 partner places.
Pictures: Peterofthespoon & Nuria Vila